<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\0757793856\46blogName\75Orangette\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75BLACK\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75http://orangette.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://orangette.blogspot.com/\46vt\75-5071095333567389549', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

3.14.2005

She cooks, she tells

Dear reader, exciting things are afoot, and it's not just that I've baked two loaves of bread, a deadly chocolate cake, a buttermilk banana cake, and a batch of granola in the past 72 hours. No, this is even better, if you can imagine such a thing.

About a month ago, I was contacted by Jessa Crispin, illustrious editor of Bookslut, a whip-smart webzine of book reviews, author interviews, and the like. [“Bookslut,” by the way, is also my new favorite word. I say it as often as possible—three times fast, for extra pleasure.] Jessa has been putting together a new webzine—this time focused on food—and she asked if I might like to contribute. Quicker than you can say “bookslut,” I agreed.

And today, I’m very proud to announce that Saucy is officially up and running, and you can find the first installment of my column “Cook and Tell” here. I’ve had a wickedly good time putting together the concept: each month I’ll offer a dish to add to your “wooing repertoire,” along with titillating—or at least entertaining (stilettos and sugar guaranteed!)—tales involving the dish in question.

I’m cooking; I’m telling; and I hope you’ll come visit me and the rest of the gang at Saucy.

27 Comments:

Blogger markisdead said...

Well done Molly!!!

It couldn't have happened to a nicer person!

9:56 PM, March 14, 2005  
Blogger amylou said...

Hot damn, Molly, I think I'm now having fantasies of children with G. Congrats!

10:45 PM, March 14, 2005  
Blogger pipstar said...

Wonderful news Molly! Congratulations you clever thing!

11:46 PM, March 14, 2005  
Anonymous Elizabeth said...

MOLLY! HOT DAMN! this is excellent.

1:34 AM, March 15, 2005  
Blogger mangolisa said...

wooo hooo!!!!! Hot Damn, indeedy!
I love the article and the ezine Molly!!!
Congrats and hope to read more and more of your cooking adventure ;-)
ooooo smoking!

3:13 AM, March 15, 2005  
Blogger Katie said...

I love your column, and Saucy too. I'm sure it's going to be a smashing success. Congrats!

4:05 AM, March 15, 2005  
Anonymous Viv said...

Wonderful read Molly! Mazeltov!

6:55 AM, March 15, 2005  
Blogger Nic said...

Loved the column, Molly. Great job!

7:10 AM, March 15, 2005  
Anonymous Nicola said...

What fabulous news Molly, and a really great article. You swept me off to Paris and made me yearn for some tarte tatin. It takes some beating! Congratulations...

11:40 AM, March 15, 2005  
Blogger Molly said...

Awww, thanks, everyone! Awwww. I'm blushing even more than usual--and if you know me, you know how I blush!

11:58 AM, March 15, 2005  
Blogger Pusekatt said...

Molly - I am so proud of you!
G sounded delicious as did all the food you two enjoyed ;-)
I love Raclette and I LOVE Tarte Tatin...the last time I had it was early last year and now my mouth is watering for it...
Saucy has been bookmarked.

2:45 PM, March 15, 2005  
Anonymous gemma said...

Yes, congratulations! Your writing is superb and I am glad there will now be two locations to read you.

A wonderful column. It made me miss my time in France and another certain French man who was two years younger than my 19. . . Oh what a place.

2:48 PM, March 15, 2005  
Blogger Molly said...

Pusekatt, you're long overdue for a taste of tarte Tatin! Get in the kitchen and make one, honey!

And Gemma, yes, WHAT a place. Sigh.

4:51 PM, March 15, 2005  
Anonymous Tian said...

Awesome, Molly! I second Gemma's delight with being able to read you in more than one place. I look forward to the next installation.

6:25 PM, March 15, 2005  
Blogger Lushlife said...

What a great start to your column it had it all, France, a devilishly handsome man, star crossed lovers and a classic dessert a perfect combination. Congratulations Molly I look forward to more!

4:33 AM, March 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work Molly. No translation needed.

5:34 AM, March 16, 2005  
Blogger Molly said...

Tian, Lushlife, and Anonymous/Mike: thank you! I'm already working up the next one, don't worry.

And to all: please note that the formatting has been fixed on the piece...no more bumps and glitches!

9:02 AM, March 16, 2005  
Anonymous Kate said...

Way to go Molly!! Congratulations!

3:46 PM, March 16, 2005  
Anonymous Tara said...

Bookslut! Bookslut! Bookslut! Heheheee. It could be a conjuration for geeks, said three times fast at night into a mirror while eating only the very best food in one hand and a freshly written thesis, novel, column, or the like in the other. It could be guaranteed to bring forth a smart, geek-sexy person of preferred gender. Just... *poof* Then much swooning.

As for your writing on Saucy... *much fanfare!* Your work here is fabulous. The column on Saucy was delightful, sad, and delicious all at once. I'm glad to see that someone has recognized your food writing skills and asked for your contribution. That it's for saucy is even better. Congratulations chica.

6:59 AM, March 17, 2005  
Blogger Molly said...

Kate and Tara, thank you thank you! Tara, I'm going to give that conjuration a try tonight...keep your fingers crossed.

8:22 AM, March 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful for you! Food is a little desolate in Maine, but Corned Hake with Pork Scraps, or real Chocolate Moose is easy to get.
Unc.

6:02 PM, March 19, 2005  
Anonymous Matt said...

Hello,

I recently read your article at Saucy and liked it so much that I thought I'd check out the link to your blog at the bottom of the article. I've been reading through the archives and I'd just like to compliment you on your wonderful writing style and excellent blog layout. The recipes look great, and the anecdotes are highly entertaining.

Keep up the excellent work,
--Matt

5:26 AM, March 20, 2005  
Blogger Su-Lin said...

Very belated congratulations from me! The article is terrific!

7:55 AM, March 20, 2005  
Blogger Molly said...

My dear uncle, if you can manage to bring home a real chocolate moose, I'm on the next plane to Maine. xoxoxo!

Matt, thanks so much for making the trip from Saucy! I see from your site that you've recently developed a passion for cooking...amen! I hope you'll consider trying a few of the recipes I've posted here and let me know how they work for you.

And Su-Lin, thank you thank you!

9:43 AM, March 20, 2005  
Blogger Emmeya said...

congratulations! i love your blog! i'm going over to saucy right now!

7:55 PM, April 17, 2005  
Blogger Molly said...

Thank you, Emmeya!

6:15 PM, April 18, 2005  
Blogger Jessica said...

It makes me sad that I cannot see these articles-- coming, as I am, late to the Molly party.

Any chance you'd be willing to post them here?

9:46 AM, October 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home