<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\0757793856\46blogName\75Orangette\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75BLACK\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75http://orangette.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://orangette.blogspot.com/\46vt\75-5071095333567389549', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

10.31.2005

Joining the club: Seattlest

Sometimes details escape me, such as when I’m engaged in heated battle with a virus. For example, I have—until today—completely forgotten to announce, dear hungry reader, that you can now also find me and my writing over at Seattlest, a sibling of New York City’s illustrious group blog Gothamist, San Francisco's SFist, Paris's Parisist, and the rest of the -ist gang.

I'll be contributing weekly food pieces focused mainly on seasonal recipes and cooking, broadcasting from my kitchen, as usual. In my first article, I extolled the virtues of caramelized cauliflower, one of my favorite fall standbys and the recipe to turn to when you want to watch a sworn cauliflower hater literally eat his words. This week I turn to yellow split pea soup with winter squash and kale, a warming brew that, along with cacio e pepe and my old faithful buttered toast with honey, recently sustained me through several flu-fraught days.

I hope you’ll come visit.

18 Comments:

Blogger foodiechickie said...

Congrats!

3:37 AM, November 01, 2005  
Blogger Nic said...

Congratulations, Molly.

5:46 AM, November 01, 2005  
Blogger Zarah Maria said...

Lovely - there can never be to much of your writing!

6:52 AM, November 01, 2005  
Anonymous Derrick Schneider said...

Welcome to the cult of -isting. Looks like SFist's food writing is about to get some stiff competition from our northerly kin.

8:32 AM, November 01, 2005  
Blogger amylou said...

Congratulations, Molly! It's interesting to read your writing with "we" instead of "I." Somehow it felt like a whole new experience. I'm glad you chose the caramalized cauliflower for one of the articles--it's one of my all-time favorite Orangette recipes.

8:43 AM, November 01, 2005  
Blogger Rose said...

Oh Molly, wonderful news. I enjoy your writing, your recipes and your love of food so to see some more will be a joy!

10:33 AM, November 01, 2005  
Anonymous Luisa said...

Congratulations, Molly! And I have to say that you're absolutely right - caramelized cauliflower is a dream. I'm one of those people who like the vegetable anyway, but prepared the way you described it is even more wonderful - I first encountered it at City Bakery here in NYC.

10:46 AM, November 01, 2005  
Blogger Molly said...

Thank you, foodiechickie and Nic!

And Zarah Maria, you're too sweet, as always. Thank you.

Derrick, I don't know about that--you're doing an awfully good job down there at SFist! I love the ingredient-focused approach of your pieces. For now, I'm building mine around a (loosely) seasonal theme, but we'll see how things morph over time. In the meantime, many thanks for the hearty welcome...

And thank you, Amy! This "royal we" business is an experiment for me--and oddly fun, I must admit. And amen for caramelized cauliflower--yet another thing we have in common, m'dear. We'll have to add it to the ever-growing to-do list for our next meeting, yes?

Rose, thank you! So nice.

And Luisa, I knew you were a woman of taste, but your kind words for cauliflower seal the deal. And I'm clawingly jealous of your proximity to City Bakery. I always hear wonderful things, but I've yet to get over there. Next time, next time...

7:04 PM, November 01, 2005  
Anonymous Melissa said...

Congratulations, my dear. One step closer to the fame and fortune we all know awaits you!

4:05 AM, November 02, 2005  
Blogger Ruth said...

Congratulations, now I'll have two places to read your stuff!!!

5:39 AM, November 02, 2005  
Blogger s'kat said...

More Molly?!? I can hardly wait!

And as firmly avowed cauliflower-hater, I would be willing to take you up on your challenge... if only I could convince my husband to, as well.

6:33 AM, November 02, 2005  
Blogger margrocks said...

yippee, molly! that's so fab. more to read, more to love!

i discovered "orange cauliflower" the other day in my farmer's market...have you seen that? i keep thinking it's cauliflower dowsed in curry...mais non. just beta carotene-infused, i guess...

1:31 PM, November 02, 2005  
Anonymous Nicky said...

Dear Molly,
just hopped over there and found some more of your gorgeous written articles - as I had expected ;) Your writing is such a pleasure!

12:27 PM, November 03, 2005  
Blogger Molly said...

Awww, Melissa, thank you. You're killing me.

And thank you, Ruth!

S'kat, I dare you. Get out that baking sheet and fire up the oven!

And margrocks, thank you! As for this orange cauliflower business, I seem to remember hearing of it somewhere, but I haven't yet seen it. I'd be curious to know how it differs from the white stuff. I was surprised to find, actually, that green cauliflower seems to caramelize a touch better than its white sibling. Maybe it has more natural sugars? Hmmm.

And Nicky, thank you! I'm blushing over here.

4:36 PM, November 03, 2005  
Blogger kickpleat said...

congratulations molly! it's great to be able to keep doing what you love!!

9:35 PM, November 03, 2005  
Blogger tara said...

All the best to you, Molly! As Melissa said, 'tis another step on the road to sucess we all know lies ahead of you. Alas, we'll be able to say "we knew her when."

9:34 AM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger Molly said...

Thank you, kickpleat.

And Tara, thank you too! With all this blushing, I may never go back to my normal skin tone (which, actually, is still pink, but thankfully more subtle)...

1:51 PM, November 07, 2005  
Anonymous gemma said...

Congratulations Molly, I am glad you have your fingers in more pies, you are a pleasure to read.

5:08 AM, November 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home